We’re back…

I’ve been absent for quite some time and have missed logging our progress and obstacles we’ve encountered along the way. Lots has been happening, though not much in the way of actual progress on the house and property.  Life carries on whether we’re checking things off the to-do list or not. Our focus has been split between many things in the last 6 months or so and house and property projects have been seeing less of our time. I’ve been nursing a shoulder injury for what seems like an eternity which has dramatically limited the physical work I’m able to do around here. Between our pay-the-bills work, the house work, dogs, medical stresses, and finding a few minutes each day to enjoy the company of the people we love, this project has taken a back seat.

We are now nearing the end of December and should be in full winter mode. We’ve had 3 pitiful dustings of snow and are still seeing daytime temps in the 50’s and its dry, dry, dry. Sure doesn’t feel like Christmas is in less than 1 week.

We powered right through summer and fall in the blink of an eye and are still behind schedule on the garden area.  We lost some of our fruit plants over the summer while on a trip to visit family…watering boy didn’t do such a great job. Our garden was nothing to write home about this year and paired with the loss of 4 of 5 blueberry bushes and 1 of our fruit trees and still not having been able to complete our fencing in the backyard/garden area we’ve been feeling a bit defeated in that arena.

We have made progress on the exterior of our home. I spent a few weekends with some help prepping and painting a portion of the exterior of our house. What a difference that makes! But that project can’t be completed until some siding on the back of the house is replaced and in order to do that we need to remove the deck. Each project we’ve tackled has held true to the “opening up a can of worms” line.

One of the last posts I made was about our second dog Bee who has been with us for about 8 months now. She turned our daily routines upside down nearly from day 1. She came to us with a bad case of whip worm which wasn’t diagnosed until we had had her for 2 months. She has been improving slowly after finding a combination of worm treatment and digestive tract support. Life with Bee is starting to normalize and we’re able to sleep again!

Now that life is starting to become a bit less chaotic, I’m hoping I can find the time to keep this project up to date. Lord knows we have a million projects we’d love to be able to share but the challenge is finding the time!

About Rhi

Rhi enjoys spending time with her family and working on the homestead. During spring and summer she is often found tending to her garden, and mini-orchard.

Check Also

Lights out…again.

As if we needed another reminder that winter is well on its way we’ve started …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


Notice: ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /home/tline/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4613